300g dried Yeo’s Rice Vermicelli
½ cup dried Chinese black mushrooms
3 tbsp peanut oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 cup cabbage, sliced
2 cups bean sprouts
1 cup green onions, sliced
4 tbsp Yeo’s Dark Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Yeo’s Sesame Oil
1tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
- Put the noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes to
soften then drain immediately. Chill the noodles with cold
water, drain well and set aside. Place the Chinese black
mushrooms into a bowl and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain well, remove the hard stems and slice the heads.
- Heat a wok (or frying pan), add the oil and heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until gold to flavour the oil. Add the sliced shallots and cook until soft and lightly brown. Add the button mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and cook for 1 minute then combine with the oyster sauce and dark soy. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, green onions, Sesame Oil and bean sprouts and stir-fry until heated through. Combine the dark soy sauce and chilli in a small bowl and serve on the side.